Friday, February 16, 2007

RPG Play by E-mail

Woo! I'm so excited. Aaron's got our RPG game played through email going again!
Some background info:
I dabble in RPG games. I don't play World of Warcraft (only because I'm not willing to pay the monthly fee, otherwise I'd be all over it!) I do play Neverwinter Nights, and I played D&D back in the day (mid to late 80's). Aaron was also a D&D player and also played an RPG called Rifts.
A few years ago he got his old Rifts books out and got to wanting to play again. He decided to get an email game going with me and a few other people. We were having lots of fun with it, but life got in the way and the game went by the wayside.
We've been discussing it again lately. I mentioned how much fun it was for me and how I would love to do that again, not really thinking he would be able to find the time to get it going again. It's been like, a month? since we discussed it?
I just checked my email this morning and what do you know? There was this strange email from Aaron that started out "Hello old friend." I had to read through half the email before I figured it out, here I was thinking It was spam and I was about to get asked to deposit funds into a checking account for someone in Africa.

From the game:
I know, it’s been sometime hasn’t it? I apologize for my lack of
response over the intervening months and I again apologize for my
impropriety; I’ll get on to the point. I’m requesting your assistance.
As you know I’ve been gifted with a particular connection with the
living tree. I’m disturbed with some of the images or should I say lack
of images this marvelous tree has provided me, oh…dear! Please forgive
me; my nervousness has stricken my ability to compose a legible letter.
Allow me to provide some history....


Oooh, I'm so excited! (Does that make me a geek?)

No comments: