Friday, February 09, 2007

A Little Help With That Money Issue

Last year when I found out I was pregnant I was in a state of extreme burn-out. I had been working full-time and enrolled in school full-time for 3 years straight. I was enrolled in a private University online. The school structure is set up differently than a regular University; each class is 5 weeks long and they are back to back - no breaks. Anyway, when I saw my doctor she recommended taking a break from school for awhile. My intent was to take a month off, but due to some miscommunication with my financial adviser I got dropped from my class and then dropped from school. I didn't want to deal with the stress of trying to fix it and figured I would be better off with a longer break. Later on I got an email asking when I would like to return. I sent a response stating that 3/6/2007 would be good. Then I forgot about it. Well, I just received my reminder that now would be a good time to apply for financial aid for the school year. Ah, yes! It's going to be hellishly hard to juggle working full-time with the baby and school, but I've been through worse, and if I am enrolled I don't have to be making those horrendous monthly loan payments. I'm going to be paying on my student loans till I'm 60 anyway, I may as well get a degree out of it and a chance at a higher income.

No comments: