Monday, February 05, 2007

IQ Matters?

I saw this nifty chart this morning on Digg.
* I have an IQ of 127
* I didn't graduate from High School. (I took the GED and left before graduation)
* I had a child at 19
* I work as a manager in retail (I was much happier before I was promoted)
* I divorced my first husband, and am in the process of divorcing my second and am engaged and have a child with my soon to be third (that is if I ever get my dang divorce finished)
* I've been on welfare twice in the past (many many years ago, and only to keep from being homeless)
* I'm 37 years old and haven't finished college yet.
For having an IQ on the higher end...ma vie suce! Or, my life sucks!
Of course that could have something to do with my parents telling me on a constant basis as a child that I suck and "will never be anything". So, I've had to spend the past 20 years unlearning that...could be why I am so far behind, and am only at where I should have been at 20; in a healthy relationship, in college and working.
Note to parents:
Please don't ever tell your kids that they suck or will never amount to anything; they really do take what you say seriously. Even when they screw up (and your kids are gonna screw up); give em a hug, show them how to get through it and move on.

Am I bitter much? Maybe a little still, but my life is mine now and I'm finally in a place where I can take responsibility for my own actions and how they affect me; that doesn't change the fact that the people responsible for helping me get the right start in life screwed up horrendously and left me to fix it by myself. Okay, I'll come down off my soapbox now....

No comments: