Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Tomorrow is the Big Day

So the big visit I am stressing over is tomorrow. Yesterday I found out that I get to give a presentation to the visitors. I've been flipping out ever since. I did my best last night to de-stress; I played FFX for about an hour then took a nice, hot bath and read The Secret Life of Bees. The book was too good, and I stayed up later than I should have. I spent the whole night going over in my head the process of how the presentation should go. Basically I just have to show them how I do my job to their new standards, and my school has been training me on how to regurgitate information I've just learned like a seasoned professional, so I shouldn't have too much trouble showing them how I do my job to their new standards. I think my nervousness is related to the fact of who they are and how many of them there will be; it's supposed to be a large group; also to the fact that there is one day left till the visit and my department is a mess.

The Secret Life of Bees, by the way, is a great book. I couldn't put it down. I just started it last night and I'm halfway through it.

No comments: