Thursday, January 11, 2007

Sleep; yes again.

This week my goal is to get as much sleep as possible while Baby G sleeps. This has been an impossibility from the time we brought him home. He won't sleep longer than an hour and spends most of that hour either grunting trying to get out the gas or poop, or "talking"; he sighs, moans, groans, laughs, and babbles. I never know if he is awake or still asleep. Aaron and I have been taking shifts with him. He'll take over so I can get a good chunk of sleep, usually about 6 hours, and I take over so he can then get his 8 hours. He started back to work last week and on Sunday my daughter went back home. Aaron is working until next Tuesday, and...he is sick. He is horribly sick. I am not sure if it is the flu or a cold yet, but he sounds, and looks horrible. I just got up after having tried to sleep for 4 hours. 4 hours spent getting up twice to let the cat either into or out of the room, 4 hours listening to Baby G cry (while Aaron tries to sooth him)because I am tired of getting up for the cat so I must leave the door open. When was the last time I got some sleep? Yesterday morning for two hours. I almost got in a nap yesterday, but 10 minutes after I laid down, Baby G decided it was a great time for his "awake" time. His awake time lasts anywhere from 2 to 4 hours. He is asleep right now, but I just drank some coffee so I could wake-up. So, I'll let you know if I accomplish my goal....

No comments: