Saturday, January 06, 2007

I'm too tired to come up with a title :P



Originally uploaded by ladyrhowan.
For a couple days this week I was able to get 7 hours of sleep. 7 hours in a row, all at once, for two days! Today I am back to not being able to nap and no prospect of getting any sleep anytime soon. I have never been a nap person and I'm not having any luck trying to nap now. I just cannot function when I first get up...it takes forever for me to wake-up, which does Baby G no good and doesn't do me much good when I have to try and clam his screaming cause I am just not fast enough to attend to him. Though not getting any sleep isn't doing us a bit of good either. He sleeps for an hour at a time, usually. Sometimes it's only 20 to 30 minutes. I spend my time between feedings playing Finaly Fantasy XII.
Anyway, this picture shows my creativity in keeping him occupied while I get his bottle or get myself some food, and he just won't sleep. I printed some geometric pictures from Fussybaby.net and used them to replace the toys on his bouncer. He is much more interested in these at this time, and I can replace the toys when he is ready for them. For now, this is working great.
We are also having problems with his extreme gassiness. His new nickname is Farty McBarty (it rhymes). The poor thing is in so much pain sometimes. The first two weeks of sleeping constantly are now over and we have awake time for about 4 to 6 hours a day. Tomorrow he is 3 weeks old.
He's out right now so I need to go eat while I can. I'll post more when I can.

No comments: