Friday, January 19, 2007

Paying Attention to Coincidence

So after my two posts about quitting smoking I have had a couple of incidents that have sealed in my mind that now is the right time.

Coincidence #1: I am over at Miss Zoot's yesterday (This woman is an inspiration to me, and we have so much in common) and see a post about her struggle with quitting. I've been down that road so many times. Quitting is so hard, unless you're pregnant and puke every time you smell one. I should have stuck with that. That is the easiest quit I have ever had, but noooooooo, I like to do things the hard way I guess. So here I go again (Yes, that Whitesnake song is going through my head now...).

Coincidence #2: I finally got around to watching An Inconvenient Truth last night. Well, mostly watched between shifting the kid back and forth between Aaron and I so we could each eat dinner and watch the show. Anyway, The whole tobacco thing pops up out of nowhere. He talks about his sister's death from lung cancer. I was like, okay, what does this have to do with Global Warming? And then I went out to smoke. And then, I thought hmmm...second incident today about smoking.

I usually try to pay attention to the Universe when it throws things at me, it's hard not to when you are being hit by thrown objects. So I am gonna go with this one. I am not looking forward to the next week, but I have an arsenal and some determination. I'll probably post a whole bunch too, so be warned....

No comments: