Sunday, January 06, 2008

Mondo Beyondo

Andrea at Superhero Designs has given us the first part of the Mondo Beyondo challenge for 2008. I'm posting my answers here, and I encourage you to complete this exercise as well. It's a great way to finalize the previous year and prepare yourself for the new.

1. What do you want to acknowledge yourself for in regard to 2007?
(What did you create? What challenges did you face with courage and strength? What promises did you keep to yourself? What brave choices did you make? What are you proud of?)

What I am most proud of from this last year was the step I took in deciding to really get into jewelry making and showing it to the world. I was very scared in the past to show off my arts and crafts and this past year I decided “not anymore.” I just went to work and started posting on my blog about it. Then, I created a blog just for the purpose of sharing my work. Then, a complete stranger emailed me and wanted to buy one of my pieces. I’m very proud of myself for continuing with school while working full-time and caring for a new baby. This past year was tough, but I stuck with it and will now have a degree in just a few short months. I’m proud that I was able to make the majority of my son’s food, and that I was able to let the perfection go when I needed to (Gerber Organics). I’m also proud that I lost almost all of the baby weight.
2. What is there to grieve about 2007?
(What was disappointing? What was scary? What was hard? What can you forgive yourself for?)

I was very disappointed that I could not continue with breastfeeding. I am disappointed that I did not take care of my health. I’m slightly annoyed with myself for letting my son watch so many dvd’s so I could get my schoolwork done. This past year was extremely rough on my and Aaron’s relationship, and I’m sad that we have lost our feeling of togetherness and have created some resentments.
3. What else do you need to say about the year to declare it complete?
2007 was a challenging year and I feel content that I met most of the challenges. I’m looking forward to all the great things that will come my way in 2008 as a result of my hard work this past year.

No comments: