Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A Complaint Free Nancy

A couple of days ago at work I picked up a book to put it away and stopped to look at the title. The book was A Complaint Free World by Will Bowen. I quickly skimmed through the book and thought about the subject. I know that I complain, a lot. I sometimes try to justify it by telling myself that I am just stating a fact; whatever that "fact" is, it's almost always negative. Why do I never state positive "facts"?
The past couple of weeks at work have been hellish again and I am getting into my "fact" stating way too much lately. Today as I was walking around red-faced and stating "facts" to everyone (I caught myself and asked myself "why are you doing this?" "Do something about it!")
So what do I do? I know that right now I can not under any circumstances give up a paycheck, especially one with great medical and vacation benefits. I feel stuck yet again. I have a million ideas rolling around in my head. Too many choices are paralyzing me from making a decision, and then there is the fear of failure. There are also legal constraints like not being able to run a business from my apartment; but does the internet count there? A lawyer would be great help, but how do I pay one? How do I find a niche? Why can't I just do something and not hem and haw? Does anyone else go through this? Am I just over-thinking everything?
I was going to write that there is so much to think about, but really? there is so much to do. I have to stop thinking and start doing.

No comments: