Monday, October 29, 2012

A Bad Day

Today was not a good day. I woke up with red hands and feet, so sore.

 I woke up late, and only because my son didn't want to get out of bed, so he yelled. He yelled for his Daddy, but my hearing is so bad and I just heard yelling. So, I got up to go see to him. I knew it would be about how the hallway was too dark and he just was too scared to come out, that's what he would say anyway. And of course that was what he said. I told him to get out of his bed and go get his Daddy.

I gave him a kiss and got back into bed. I tried, anyway. I'm sure I looked a mess going back and forth down the hallway, hardly able to walk. I must have looked like the hunchback of Notre Dame. Well, I couldn't get back to sleep. I really needed a shower, so I struggled back out of bed. I made some coffee, and gathered some clothes and towels and took my shower. By the end of the shower my ankle was red my toes were screaming and my hands were twice as red as before.

It only got worse as the day went on. Right now, this typing hurts, but I need to get these things down.

Sometimes, I feel like I'm crazy. Maybe it's all in my head. I'm just using the computer too much, yada yada. Then days like today happen. When my feet hurt out of nowhere, I know it's real. My feet don't use the computer, and there is no reason for the joints in them to burn and turn red. When symptoms I am not expecting slap me in the face and tell me something is really going on in my body. Then I get scared.

Tomorrow will be a really hard day for me. It will be the anniversary of the death of one of the most important people in my life, my Aunt. She would be the person that I could call on through this medical mess and would know just what I needed to do, or how to cheer me up. I don't get to wallow in grief or have a pity party, though. I have a kid that I have to homeschool, and Halloween preparations to get together.

Tomorrow will also be the first day off of Prednisone. I was only on it for one week, so I am hoping the withdrawal effects won't be too bad. I guess we'll see tomorrow. 


No comments: