Sunday, October 28, 2012

More Waiting

So, I had my first visit with the Rheumologist this past Monday. Long story short, he isn't sure what is wrong with me. He mentioned a couple of rare diseases, that I can not remember the names of, and also said it could still be Rheumatoid, or I may have super severe Vitamin D deficiency. He says I am a mystery

He put me on 10mg of Prednisone for 7 days, and wants me to stop after that. I'm keeping track of how I feel. So far all my symptoms are pretty much the same, but added on

  • Mood swings
  • All day agitation
  • Worsening brain fog
  • Burning on the outside of my left ear after taking pred in the morning
Today I am noticing: 
  • Slightly less fatigue
  • Very slightly less ache in my joints
I still wake up with burning, red joints, pain in my heels, and stiffness. My joints do ache at the end of the day, but I am getting more done during the day with a little less pain. 

The Rheumy also ordered more blood work. I'm waiting for the results of C3, C4, CCP, ANA IFA, and Vit D. 

The Rheumy also would not sign off on a work release form so I can return to work. He wants me out for at least a couple more weeks. This really sucks because my Short Term Disability was denied and I am now going through the appeals process. I have no money coming into the house and a child to feed. I'm hoping that he will sign the release form with a modified schedule when I see him at the end of the week. 

After I found out I was denied the STD, I went to my primary doctors group and saw the doc that has been treating me there. He did another exam and found the right side of my body to be getting weaker. 

So it is now more waiting. I just hope this week goes by fast. I am so tired of being bored. It's hard to not do things, and just sit around. I'm too stressed to focus on reading books, so that is not helping. 




No comments: