Thursday, November 01, 2012

Doctor Visit Tomorrow

So, my follow up visit with the Rheumatologist is tomorrow. I'll be getting, I hope, the results of more blood tests, and going over how the Prednisone worked for me. I also will need to go over things I missed at the first visit and things that have changed since the last visit. I got some advice to type up a list to give to the doctor, so I don't forget.

This is my one page list:


To Discuss with Doctor
·        New or Worsening Symptoms
o   Back pain. Bruised, swollen feeling in mid spine, lower back burning and soreness, upper back burning and soreness.
o   Neck pain and left shoulder pain worsening, lots of cracking
o   Left hand redness on joints worsening, especially middle finger
o   Fingertips burning and tingling in middle of night
o   More migraines. Migraines are lasting 2 days or more a week, where I used to only get them once a month or less.
o   Trouble sleeping, waking at night and not able to fall back to sleep, getting worse.
o   Right knee – more episodes of soreness
o   More pain in my toes (proximal phalanx), especially right foot.
o   Primary care visit, noticed more weakness on right side of body

·        Prednisone
o   Mood swings
o   All day agitation
o   Brain fog worsening
o   Major depression at night
o   Burning left ear
o   May have kicked in around Day 5, less fatigue and pain while working, though pain would hit later in the night or next day.

·        Disability
o   Need substantial and objective information about my symptoms and diagnosis to appeal my denial of short term disability. Need to pick up office visit notes and copies of blood work to send with my appeal.

·        All Current Symptoms
o   Bi-lateral hand pain
§  Middle fingers feel bruised at mid joint
§  Multiple joints turn red and burn with use
o   Bi-lateral toe pain
§  Aching in proximal phalanx
§  Toes burn and turn red with use
o   Pain in multiple areas of body, back, neck, shoulders, knees
o   Fatigue
o   Depression/ Anxiety
o   Stiff and sore in the morning for up to 2 hours
o   Symptoms subside, unless over use, until evening and then return.
o   Worsening migraines

So, I guess I'll have more information tomorrow morning. Hope I can sleep tonight. 

No comments: