Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving, Late 11 Months, and Black Friday

Trying to get 3 posts in one here.
I'm late, yet again, getting Baby G's monthly post up. He's a little over 11 months now.

In just about 3 weeks and he'll be a whole year old. We've been really bad lately with getting pictures of him. I'm enjoying my time with him so much I just don't even think about grabbing the camera. He's developing into such a happy, sweet little boy. He's been walking for almost a month now. He's gone from a quick thrusting forward of his body to get where he wants to go before falling to running through the house waving his hands in the air and screaming "nah nah" which I think means no, which is something we've been having to say a lot lately. New foods this past month have included pasta, beef, and tofu.

Thanksgiving was fun. We went to my sister's early in the morning and had a huge breakfast, watched some movies; the blob (1958) and Hot Fuzz, had Hot Buttered Rum, and ate a huge, delicious Thanksgiving dinner. My daughter was able to make it for dinner before she had to jet off to another function.


Can you believe those are both my kids?

And my daughter and sister got crazee:


After dinner, Aaron, myself and one of my nieces played D&D. My niece had never played before and Aaron really wanted to teach her how to play. That was a blast. My character had an intelligence of 8 and a charisma of 14, I played up the Paris Hilton fighting goblins a little too well.

Today is Black Friday. Black as in retail stores going positive in cash flow for the year today, or for me and my fellow retail workers, Black as in a deep dark black hole of pain and agony. This time of year I would love to be able to remember the nice customers, the ones who are thankful for your help, the one's who understand that they like everyone else must wait their turn for help, that know that the person behind the customer service desk is human and can only handle so many questions at once, and that no matter how much you yell at me that you need something "right now" it's not going to make it happen; try ordering your gift early next year. I'd love to remember those nice people, but very few of them exist. I'm off to deal with the other people here shortly. I just keep repeating to myself "It's only a month...."

No comments: