Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Seven Years

On April 22nd, Aaron and I celebrated seven years together. For our anniversary date we got a sitter and went out to dinner. It was a very short dinner because Baby G was having a really bad time due to having tried oatmeal that day and it wasn't agreeing with his system. So we came home a little early. But I got to have a strawberry margarita after not having had any alcohol for a whole year!
This past Saturday we had our traditional celebration in which we relive a fabulous day we had very early in our relationship. On that day seven years ago, we decided to go up to Mt. Tamalpias.We had a great time walking the trail around the mountain

Mt. Tamalpias

and seeing the view of the Bay Area.

Mt. Tam

We walked more trails and I ended up with a really bad sunburn because I am always to lazy to cover up my extremely fair skin with lotion, blah. Anyway, when it was time to head back home, only around 2 in the afternoon, we left; but Aaron took a wrong turn and we ended up on a very long, but beautiful, road trip through redwoods. We ended up in Fairfax. Neither of us, with our long history in the Bay Area, had ever been there. We fell in love with it right away. It's a nice small town with small family owned businesses; a very artsy atmosphere. This is the home of Anne Lamott and according to Wikipedia, also Van Morrison, Frank Herbert, and Dian Fossey.
Well, by now we are starving. We've been walking all day and haven't had anything to eat. Nothing is open. We spied a pizza restaurant and noticed that we had an hour before they opened. So we got a newspaper and a soda and sat down on a bench and watched the residents and goings on. Once the restaurant opened we ate and then headed out to find the freeway exit and head home. It was a great day, one of the best I've ever had. I love getting lost and finding new things and this time has become a memory that Aaron and I treasure. So every couple of years we go relive it. We did this again this past Saturday. I look forward to doing it again with him in a another year or so, and continuing for years to come.

2 comments:

Histrel said...

I'm glad you had a good time. It's great when you can share memories like that with the ones you love.

Oh - strawberry margheritas Mmmmmm. I haven't had those in years. I got VERY drunk at a Mexican restaurant once on those. They were soooo nice I didn't realise quite how strong they were :-)

Anonymous said...

Sometimes getting oneself lost, can be a good thing, lol. Glad you had such a fun time! - Anna