Thursday, May 10, 2007

Cinco de Mayo Pedicures

So, last Saturday, the 5th, Aaron and I both had the time off to visit my sister. She only lives about an hour and a half away, but we usually have to time visits for when Aaron and I are both off of work because I don't drive. Anyway, we went to spend time with my Sis and nieces and celebrate Cinco de Mayo. How do you say "a great excuse to drink tequila and eat lots of cheese" without being offensive? I drank Mikes Hard Lemonade and ate lots of chips. Anyway, I was admiring my sister's pedicure. She exclaimed "A ha! I've been trying to figure out what to get you for Mother's Day. This is perfect! Wanna get one? Now?" Exclamation points were included. My sister is awesome!

So off we went to get pedicures. I wasn't expecting this; I wasn't prepared. I hadn't shaved my legs in about a month. I was mortified, so totally embarrassed. I've been through worse enbarrasment though, so I just tried to relax and enjoy the experience while trying really hard not to feel sorry for the girl that was rubbing down my hairy lower leg. It was my first professional pedicure, and I loved it. The results are beautiful:



Thanks Sis, for one of the best Mother's Day gifts ever!

2 comments:

Andrew said...

That's a very nice pedicure. Your sister is grand! Take care.

Andrew in Alabama
The 4th Avenue Blues

Anonymous said...

Hey Nancy;
Sounds like you had fun, at least. Ohh... Love the red finish!

Have a good one;
Anna