Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Scary Movies

Another meme. Love the memes, and this is another I found at Zoot's. She picked it up from Hollow Squirrel. This one follows the same guidelines as the book meme.

Bold those you’ve seen.
Italicize movies you have started but couldn’t finish.
Add an asterisk* to those you have watched more than once.
Underline those on your To Watch list.

* The Shining - Saw this years ago, scared me to death, though I don't know if it would scare me as much now.
* The Exorcist - When the Exorcist finally made it's television premiere, my parents had the cable shut off because they were going out for dinner and didn't want my sister and I to see it. I didn't see it until years later. Ya, it was scary, but I don't know if it would still scare me now.
* The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Couldn't finish this. I'm not great with gore.
* The Silence of the Lambs* - Loved this movie. Not scary really, more of a keep you on the edge of your seat thriller.
* JAWS* - I had recurring nightmares of sharks when I was 5. When I finally saw this movie, it scared the crap out of me.
* Halloween - Never saw the whole thing.
* Psycho* - One of my all time favorite movies (love Hitchcock. Not really scary now, but when I saw it as a kid, I didn't take a shower again for a loooong time. (I did take baths though...ewe.)
* Seven - Yes, very scary...eeek.
* Rosemary’s Baby* - Scary when I saw it, not so much now.
* Poltergeist* - Still scare the begeebus out of me.
* A Nightmare on Elm Street* -Scary when I first saw it, not so much now.
* Friday the 13th - Never saw the whole thing.
* The Thing - Great scary movie.
* The Evil Dead - I know I've seen bits and pieces (no pun intended).
* Carrie* - The end of this movie scared me more than anything.
* Night of the Living Dead - Zombie movies don't really scare me, they just gross me out.
* The Omen* - Scary
* An American Werewolf in London - Never saw the whole thing
* Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer - Haven't seen it yet.
* The Hitcher - Have only seen parts of it.
* Lost Highway - I think I netflixed this last year, but never watched it.
* The Blair Witch Project - I'm one of the few people (maybe the only person in the world) who never saw it.
* Pet Cemetery - The book was much better.
* Saw - Never saw it; don't intend to. I just don't like gore.
* The Ring - Scared the living crap out of me. One of the scariest movies I've ever seen.
* Scream* - Not scary, very silly.

One movie I am surprised is not on this list: The Amityville Horror (the original, not the new one). That movie scared me so badly when I saw it, I had to stay the night with my friend because I didn't want to be alone; I kept having visions of the walls bleeding.

No comments: