Saturday, April 07, 2007

Friday Project: Easter Eggs

Again, I am very sorry I'm so late with this. It's been a hellish week, I had no sleep and that pesky family time kept getting in the way (jk). Anyway, it's finally complete, though not as spectacular as I was hoping since I rushed it. It took me awhile to figure out what to do for a craft project this week and I didn't really have anything until yesterday. I was at JoAnn's getting some fabric to make a baby sling with (my Rebozo is just too small now) and saw the eggs, and some felt and went from there.

Easter Eggs 12

These are really fun to make, and kids can work on them too, though I wouldn't let them use a glue gun; rubber cement, or even some Elmer's glue might work.

What you'll need:

Easter Eggs 1

1. Egg shapes. I couldn't find Styrofoam, which is what I really wanted to use, so I got the plastic eggs instead, and they worked great.
2. Felt.
3. Ribbon.
4. Findings such as buttons, or whatever embellishments you'd like to add.
5. Scissors and glue gun, or just glue.

The first thing you'll want to do its cut a rectangle length of felt that will fit around your egg. The size you cut will depend on the size of the egg you are using.

Easter Eggs 2

Next, you'll want to glue the bottom of the egg to the middle of the felt.

Easter Eggs 3

Then bring both sides of the felt together at the top and glue to the egg. the felt should be tight and smooth on both sides, cut off any excess felt at the top.

Easter Eggs 4

Next, glue the felt to the sides of the egg so that when both sides are glued you have a square.

Easter Eggs 5

Then cut the corners off and glue down.

Easter Eggs 6

When you are done, your egg should look like this:

Easter eggs 7

If anyone knows of a way to make that smoother, please share. It took me awhile to figure out how to get the felt around the egg.

Now we will add the ribbon. Glue the ribbon around the sides of the egg to cover the seams. You can make a bow at the top.

Easter Eggs 10

Now add your decorations, such as buttons or whatever you choose.

Easter Eggs 11

That's it. The possibilities for colors, and decoration are endless, use your imagination and have fun.

2 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

It looks a good egg; anyone trying this would do well.

Happy Easter.

Nancy said...

Thanks jean-luc! :)