Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Final Countdown


9 month belly
Originally uploaded by ladyrhowan.
Today I am 35 weeks pregnant. I got the baby clothes and blankets all clean and put away. I am exhausted most of the time and I am sooooooo big I can't stand it (OVER 200 LBS!) I have 2 working days left before I start my maternity leave; Saturday will be my last day. I get 4 whole months! WooHoo! I seriously thought I would only get like 6 weeks, but the state of California see pregnancy as a disability...soooo.... I can definitely say I feel disabled. Work is almost impossible now. I usually just show up and walk around the store delagating everything, which as a manager I have to do anyway, but I really like to be "working". Getting down to get a book on the bottom shelf for a customer is a major pain and there aren't a lot of projects I can work on when I can't lift or bend. Standing at the cash register all day is out of the question because my feet swell up so badly. So I am very much looking forward to being off work for a few weeks before the baby gets here.
Aaron and I do have a name picked out, but l won't be posting it. I haven't posted my daughters name either and won't until she is 18 and I have her permission (only a few months till then, omg!). For now I'll call him Baby G. :)
I had my baby shower last Saturday. It was a really nice, low-key get-together. I got some cool stuff, but had to do some more shopping yesterday to pick-up the necessities we didn't get because the shower was so small. I truly love everything we got, and most everything came from my list.
I really would love to be getting my apartment clean, but the energy required to do it only lasts for about 15 minutes so not much is getting done. My place is a mess and it's driving me crazy. I am hoping the nesting will kick in soon.

No comments: