Thursday, July 19, 2007

Harry Potter

Broken Snitch

How can I, as a bookseller, go without at least one post about Harry Potter this week. I am a Harry Potter fan, I've read all the books, seen all the movies, and am excited about the release of the last book. We are gearing up at work for the big release at midnight Friday night/ Saturday morning. I'm kinda bummed that I don't even get to be at the party that night. I'm only working until 8pm and then I have to be home to take care of Baby G and be back at work the next morning. Right now, I'm supposed to be making snitches to hide around the store (one of our many activities for the party night), but it's not going well so far. I tried spray painting a Styrofoam ball, but as you can see above it just melted the Styrofoam. I've got tons of homework to do and a house to clean. The house cleaning I would normally wait on since I've got other stuff going on, but someone is coming over tonight to get a blood sample from Aaron for his life insurance application. The house is messy enough right now that I would be embarrassed to let anyone see it.
So, right now I really need to figure out how to make balls of Styrofoam with feathers attached to them look like snitches.

No comments: